Practice Manager/Business Program Manager
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
Practice Manager (Business Services Program Manager)
Position #735952 - Requisition 10355
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Practice Manager (Business Services Program Manager) position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The Practice Manager is an exempt professional position. This position works for the Maternal Fetal Medicine Division in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and is responsible for decision-making, planning, organizing, and managing the clinical and business activities of the Division; the direct management and supervision of the SOM freestanding patient office (Parker, Platte, Littleton and Castle Rock); and ensuring compliance with all internal and external policies and procedures that govern the Division's efforts. The Practice Manager oversees the Division's fiscal affairs, human resources, and day-to-day operations in support of the Division's, Department's and School's mission and goals.
The Practice Manager serves as the representative for the School of Medicine (SOM), the University of Colorado Denver (UCD), and the University of Colorado (CU) with regard to relevant fiscal and administrative matters. The Practice Manager ensures consistency between the policies and procedures of the SOM, UCD, University Physicians, Inc. (UPI), University of Colorado Hospital, The Children's Hospital, and CU.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Oversees fiscal activities of the Division in conjunction with the Division Administrator and centralized staff, including, but not limited to:
- Working with the Division Chief and Manager, develop operating and capital budgets for the four SOM freestanding patient offices.
- Manage payroll administration of the SOM clinical staff.
- Manage purchasing for the SOM clinical sites.
- Work with the Division Manager to develop and implement methods, policies and practices to help achieve the overall financial goals of the division.
- Works to improve analysis of clinical operations utilizing productivity, quality, outcome, faculty satisfaction and patient experience data in partnership with various business leaders within the OBGYN, CU Medicine and UCH.
- Monitors the finances and ordering of office, clinical and equipment supplies for the three SOM freestanding patient office.
- Directly manages the Parker, Platte, Littleton and Castle Rock SOM freestanding patient office operations and staffing.
- Plans information flow related to clinical data within the Division.
- Completes all SOM freestanding site work orders with management companies.
- Manages relationships/agreements with external partners/ vendors with the Division Administrator.
- Establishes employee schedules, operating rhythm and routines to ensure a healthy work culture.
- Oversees customer support processes to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a secondary contact for division with Qgenda, our scheduling system, to troubleshoot and solve problems related to system.
- Schedules coordination of professional staff between various sites for clinical coverage.
- Completes schedule changes 24 hours a day.
Grant and Contract Management:
- Assists with negotiation of all leases and contracts at four SOM Freestanding sites.
Human Resource Management:
- Oversees the Division's personnel matters including, but not limited to, the following:
- Position creation in the University and CU Medicine human resource systems for Freestanding clinic staff.
- Facilitation of employee recruitments.
- Performance assessment and salary setting for SOM staff.
- Employee development, orientation and staff integration for SOM staff
- Employee discipline and termination of all UCD, UCH and CU Medicine staff for SOM clinic staff, working with the relevant entity to ensure that all policies and procedures are followed.
- Establish, communicate and administer to University and Division policies and procedures related to the Freestanding clinics.
- Counsels personnel on matters of benefits, work issues, personal interrelations, grievances, and other matters within the workplace for SOM staff.
- Processes a variety of personnel forms and conducts required processes in CU Medicine and University of Colorado systems.
- Maintains appropriate personnel records for staff (e.g. vacation, sick leave, educational leave) for clinic staff.
- Monitors the performance evaluation activities for all SOM staff including implementation and maintenance of the performance planning/appraisal program.
- Communicates with department and division personnel regarding relevant procurement processes and needs.
- Manages Divisional procurement including, but not limited to, the following:
- Oversight and control of the distribution and use of University credit cards.
- Purchase of supplies and services that support the four SOM freestanding patient office.
Facilities and Operations Management:
- Works with Division Chief and Division Administrator to oversees any Divisional facilities off campus and ensure efficiency of operations.
- Oversees Divisional building security and safety procedures for the four SOM freestanding patient offices.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position has been established at $53,334 - $80,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Four (4) years of management experience which included a direct responsibility for personnel and clinic supervision.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- Five (5) or more years of clinical management with supervisory experience.
- Five (5) or years of progressively responsible and professional management experience in an academic medical center environment.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge, experience and ability to directly manage day to day freestanding patient operations and clinical staff employed by UCD, UCH and UPI.
- Knowledge, experience and ability to manage complex information and computer systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population of faculty, staff and students; experienced in the supervision of administrative and support staff personnel.
- Effective communication/presentation skills and a proven track record of forming collaborative and effective working relationships with physicians and administrative staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Christine Hodges at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21613 - SOM-OB/GYN MFM
Posting Date: Jul 19, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Christine Hodges
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00735952