Renewable Energy Consultant
Reports To: Business Unit Manager, Professional Development Institute
Duration: 3 months (extendable)
The Professional Development Institute (PDI) provides executive education and professional development training. It works in close alliance with AUAF academic units to provide high-quality services that advance the University’s mission and public image, and to provide the University and its supporters with more visibility and an enhanced reputation for leadership in the establishment of international best practices in commerce, business, economic development, education, and other areas within Afghanistan and the region.
Currently the Business Unit of AUAF-PDI setup a section for renewable energy in the Afghanistan with the collaboration of many other external stakeholders, it will commence its operations shortly. The mission of this section is to provide research and capacity building trainings on renewable energy and its sustainability.
The AUAF PDI is seeking application for the individual consultant services in renewable energy sector (Wind, Solar, Hydro power and biomass) base in Kabul.
The consultant will work directly on curriculum development, delivering trainings, working to establish a set-up, communicate to the client and involve in the corresponding activities with the new and existing clients. The position is ideal for a self-motivated, professional, experienced in consultancy and making a set-up of the renewable energy in an institutions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop curriculum and provide training to the clients in the field of renewable energy
- Acquire new clients to profitably grow AUAF-PDI by selling energy consulting services
- Develop and maintain stronger relationships with donors/clients
- Collect necessary information and documents from the client to allow PDI to provide consultative advice and facilitate agreement with clients
- Write proposal for renewal energy and develop concept notes
- Make a proper set-up in PDI for the renewable energy
- Arrange conferences and deliver presentations on renewable energy
- Promote a positive work environment, develop effective working relationships and demonstrate effective teamwork
- Prepare reports for ongoing client needs
- Contribute to the achievement of team goals and objectives
- Other responsibilities commensurate with position as assigned
- PhD in Engineering with a specialization in renewable energy.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional work experience in delivering trainings, design, installing and operationalizing renewable energy systems
- If hired, the successful applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees (transcripts sent from the degree granting school directly to AUAF)
- Working knowledge of contemporary pedagogy
- Sensitivity to religious and cultural differences
- A team-oriented individual interested in helping participants achieve results
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications are accepted in English only. Please include Renewable Energy Consultant in the subject line of the email “”
All applications must be submitted on or before July 31, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, formal interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted to set up formal interviews