Financial and Adminstrative Manager
Salary: $53,700 - $66,800
Title: Financial and Adminstrative Manager
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Student Affairs Technology Svc
Date Posted: 07/19/2017
Position Information: As part of the Student Affairs and Enrollment Services (SAES) Financial and Administrative Services Team, independently and under the direction of the Student Affairs and Enrollment Services (SAES) Management Services Officer (MSO), executes diverse and complex management functions associated with financial and administrative oversight for Student Affairs Technology Services (SATS) as well as assisting with divisional (SAES) support. Participates in long and short range planning activities, including fiscal planning, space, and inventory control. Oversees the fiscal and budgetary processes for SATS, including general ledger, audit compliance, accounts payable, personnel and payroll functions, and fiscal year closing. Monitors fiscal and budget transactions and maintains appropriate internal controls. Ensures compliance with University policies and procedures. Advises the SAES MSO and directors on all areas related to financial and administrative oversight. Provides budget, personnel, financial and transactional over sight and support to all departments within the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services as needed. Provides supervision and leadership to two (2) Budget and Administrative Coordinators.
Minimum Requirements: Understands the concepts of financial and resource planning as well as how to control organizational budgeting.
Ability to function independently and take responsibility for results. Manage multiple tasks and timelines.
Knowledge of human resources policies, practices, and planning.
Ability to deal with changing priorities and direct the work of others accordingly. Ability to multi-task.
Ability to orient new employees, distribute work, and monitor the progress of work.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across the organization at all levels.
Strong skills in the use of spreadsheet and database software.
Working knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems, budgeting and reporting techniques, accounting and bookkeeping.
Ability to screen applications, interview candidates, and either make selection decisions or recommend individuals for hire.
Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated skills working with fund accounting.
Skills in mentoring and training staff and coaching for best performance.
Intermediate knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Demonstrated knowledge of lean principles and UCR Systems: UCRFS, EBuy, EPay, iRecruit, etc.
Working knowledge of Work Front system.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview