Transfer Admissions Specialist
Salary: $48,800 - $60,700
Title: Transfer Admissions Specialist
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Date Posted: 07/19/2017
Position Information: Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions, the Transfer Admissions Specialist will independently represent UC Riverside Undergraduate Admissions in Northern and Central California by providing oversight at various programs and events; participating in college visits, fairs, consortium travel, and conferences. This position is based in Northern California and will require extensive travel throughout region and the Central Valley during peak recruitment and yield seasons. As an official representative of the University, the incumbent will travel to recruit prospective CA Community College transfer and admitted students and will be available to students, families, the campus community, and the general public to interpret, enforce and explain University policies and regulations. The incumbent is responsible for all phases of admissions eligibility evaluation of transfer applicants based on self-reported information, official transcripts, and other pertinent documents. In addition, the incumbent is responsible to develop an annual strategic plan in line with the campus and Student Affairs strategic plans to meet transfer enrollment initiatives. This position is scheduled to end December 31, 2020, with the possibility of extension based upon funding.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with schools, universities, community organizations, and other institutions.
Ability to interpret policies and procedures to prospective students and the public.
Thorough knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, and financial aid programs, at colleges / universities and specifically at UC, and / or specific colleges and schools.
Ability to develop recruitment programs, and design effective materials.
Skills over seeing and coordinating all aspects of a multi-faceted, fast-paced program and in developing original solutions to challenges in order to meet established deadlines.
Ability to use independent judgement in applying or developing solutions to problems.
Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate statistical data and policy related to undergraduate admissions metrics.
Ability to effectively manage a large volume of undergraduate admissions applications and multiple programs in a timely manner while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Skill in organizing and setting priorities that accurately reflect the importance of the job responsibilities.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview