Lecturer of Counseling
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000224
Job Title Lecturer of Counseling
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Lecturer of Counseling in Fall 2017. UNT Dallas - the first public institution of higher education in the city - offers faculty the unique opportunity to help shape the character of a 21st century, learner-focused, comprehensive urban university.
The Lecturer position is a non-tenure-track, 9-month term appointment with Clinical Counseling specialization. The successful candidate will be expected to teach graduate level counseling courses, direct practicum instruction in the counseling clinic, work closely with the clinic director, and engage in professional and university service.
- Teach four graduate counseling courses per semester, including web-based, hybrid, and face-to-face counseling courses.
- Supervise the clinical experiences of community counseling and school counseling students in both practicum and internship.
- Advise students in a Master's level CACREP aligned (working towards CACREP) Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CHMC) program.
- Collaborate with colleagues and perform service to the university, the school, profession, and the community.
- Participate in curriculum development, program assessment, and evaluation of student learning outcomes.
- Attend university, college, department, and program meetings, participate in related community-based projects, and participate on university service committees as appointed.
- Courses taught may include, but are not limited to, Advanced Counseling Skills, Practicum, Internship, Marriage and Family, Sexuality Counseling, Career Counseling, Diagnosis and Treatment, Ethics, and Group Counseling.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Counselor Education from a CACREP (The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs) accredited program or equivalent program.
- Eligible for License in Professional Counseling in the State of Texas (LPC).
- Proven teaching excellence in graduate instruction and demonstrated clinical competence in school counseling.
- Documented professional counselor identity as evidenced by education, teaching, clinical experience and professional affiliations (such as American Counseling Association, Texas Counseling Association, American School Counseling Association, Association for Counselor Education and Supervision).
- Documented professional experience and competency in working with culturally diverse populations.
- Willingness to engage in community/school-university partnerships.
- Experience with CACREP accreditation process.
- Evidence of student-oriented instruction and leadership within a collaborative environment.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Familiarity with CACREP accreditation process.
- Evidence of student-orientated instruction and leading within a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated outreach and service activities.
- Counseling skills; knowledge of statistics, diversity, and addiction.
- Clinical experience as clinic director or practitioner, or supervisor of an agency, non-profit organization, or hospital.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Driving University Vehicle? No
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Start Date 09/01/2017
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit CV; letter of application outlining the applicant's interest, qualifications, and experience for the position; contact information for three professional references; and unofficialgraduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas .peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Ms. Judith Nix at Judith.Nix@untdallas.edu, or by calling 972- 338-1345. Please direct questions to Dr. Constance Lacy, Dean of School of Human Services, at 972-338-1381 or Constance. email@example.com. A statement of teaching interests and teaching philosophy may also be requested. Skype interviews of semi-finalists are likely. Finalists will be required to present a job talk and teaching demonstration. For best consideration, applications should be received by August 1, 2017, but the committee will continue to accept applications until the position is filled. The committee will notify applicants of its employment decision after the position is filled. Members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
RANK: 9-month Lecturer non-tenure track, assigned to the UNT Dallas campus.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly describe your Professional Clinical Counseling experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Ph.D. or Ed.D in Counselor Education from a CACREP (The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs)?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Interests
- Teaching philosophy
- Graduate transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- Teacher certification