Staff Associate, Testing Services Coordinator
Staff Associate, Testing Services Coordinator
The Testing Services Center works collaboratively within the Academic Achievement Center in the development and implementation of processes necessary to support the educational mission of Bridgewater State University. Testing Services provides students and members of the southeastern Massachusetts community with high quality testing and assessment services that aid in the pursuit of academic and professional excellence. As a subscriber to the National College Testing Association’s (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines and a certified NCTA test center, we aim to provide a secure, efficient, and comfortable testing environment. Testing Services also offers evening and weekend appointments to accommodate the needs of our diverse clientele.
This position coordinates the delivery of computer-based tests for licensure, certification, college credit, and placement testing.
Flexible working hours must be maintained to accommodate the needs of the Testing Center. Seasonal evening and weekend hours are required.
Supervision Received: The Testing Services Coordinator reports to the Director of the Academic Achievement Center.
Supervision Exercised: The Testing Services Coordinator supervises the Testing Operations Specialist and other part-time test proctors.
Position Type: APA Professional
1. Responsible for all aspects of operating a computer-based testing center including hiring and supervising staff, managing the test center calendars, test administration, contract compliance, budget management and accounting,coordinating logistics, and maintaining technology requirements within the center.
2. Responsible for self-training as a test center supervisor, including annual certifications, conferences, seminars, and webinars.
2. Responsible for appropriately staffing the Test Center at all times; ensure that all staff members are certified and trained to administer exams offered through the Center.
3. Coordinate the administration of standardized testing programs provided through the Testing Center including Accuplacer, C.L.E.P, M.A.T, GRE, FAA, and DSST. Maintain site compliance and coordinate inspections with all test partners including ETS, PSI, Prometric, Pearsons and others.
4. Collaborate with the Assistant Director of the Academic Achievement Center to coordinate all aspects of the college placement testing program for new students including: room reservations, event planning, system programing, data aggregation, reporting, migration, staff hiring, training and supervision.
5. Coordinate with University Information Technology Department, for the maintenance and installation of hardware and software for all programs.
6. Act as a technical liaison between the University Information Systems and the Testing Center to support the programs of the area.
7. Maintain and update the Testing Services Center website.
8. Work closely with the Director of the Academic Achievement Center to provide support to the programs of the Center.
9. Collaborate with the Assistive Technology Specialist to coordinate proctoring services in supports of the Office of Disability Resources.
10. Represent the Academic Achievement Center on university-level committees as requested.
11. Work with the Director to develop an annual plan for revenue growth; build collaborative relationships with external test vendors and work actively to identify opportunities for testing program development.
12. Function as a member of the Academic Achievement Center staff in the development and implementation of processes necessary to accomplish the goals and philosophy of the department and the University.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, management or related field plus 3-5 years professional experience working in a higher education or other professional setting.
2. Minimum of 3 years experience working with agency compliance in public or private partnership models.
3. Experience coordinating the administration of standardized tests.
4. Proven interpersonal, management, and customer service skills.
5. Previous supervisory experience.
6. Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills, creativity, and adaptability.
7. High degree of personal and professional integrity, respect for privacy and confidentiality.
1. Master Degree preferred.
2. Experience administering standardized testing programs including C.L.E.P, MAT, GRE, FAA, MTEL, TOEFL, and DSST.
3. Experience working in a college or university setting.
3. Experience using student information systems such as Banner.
3. Experience utilizing proprietary testing software and remote monitoring software.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5 pounds.
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Salary Range: 58,000-60,000
Posting Number: S00236P
Open Date: 07/17/2017
Close Date: 8/20/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
To apply, visit https://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/7710
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.