Senior Development Associate
Senior Development Associate
Requisition Number: STFR003867
Division/College: University Advancement
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The senior development associate (SDA) will report to the director, college advancement initiatives in the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs in the College of Engineering (COE) and will work closely with the director of development in COE. The position requires a personable, analytical individual who is eager to utilize his/her excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and project management acumen to foster collaborative interactions with colleagues in University Advancement, the college, and across the university.
The SDA will work independently with minimal supervision and will proactively update the director, college advancement initiatives on the status of assigned projects. He/She will compose, proofread, edit, and prepare correspondence, reports, and other materials for high-level prospect/donor meetings, college leadership, advisory boards, and other key constituencies. The SDA will serve as a primary point of contact for COE with the University Advancement Donor Relations team and will assist with implementation and resolution of all matters concerning COE. He/She will acknowledge gifts, pledges or pledge payments to the college via letter or by calling unmanaged donors who have made gifts or pledge payments of $100-$999. He/She will work closely with the COE Communications and University Advancement Communications teams to draft and finalize content (donor stories, alumni news, gift announcements, etc.) for print, web, and social media platforms. He/She will also manage the planning and execution of events and programs, both on and off-campus, ensuring successful completion.
- The university seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, energetic individual who can think independently and analytically and seeks to build a career in advancement and/or development.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2-3 years of professional experience (preferably in higher education and/or development) required.
- Ability to manage and facilitate an intense workload and produce quality results in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to manage multiple priority projects at once with ease and efficiency.
- Must be proactive, anticipate problems, be resourceful and work effectively with colleagues and external constituents at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for building relationships with external (donors, prospects, trustees) and internal (deans, faculty, staff, colleagues) constituents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and highly collaborative in approach. Ability to exercise good judgment when dealing with confidential and sensitive material.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office; Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.