Life Science Research Professional 1
Life Science Research Professional 1
Job Number: 75513
The Li Lab in the Department of Biochemistry at Stanford University is seeking a Life Science Research Professional 1 to perform drug testing in syngeneic mouse tumor models. The Li lab uses chemical biology to uncover biochemical mechanisms in innate immunity and, in parallel, develop therapeutics for cancer treatment. Our research approaches involve chemistry, biochemistry, immunology, and physiology. Applicants are required to have a Bachelor's degree in related sciences. Applicants with prior work experiences in mouse models for more than a year are encouraged to apply. This LSRP1 hire will first work under the guidance of a postdoctoral fellow, but is expected to independently conduct and analyze experiments after a training period of two months.
- Plan and perform experiments in support of research projects in lab and/or field based on knowledge of scientific theory.
- Interpret and perform basic analyses of results.
- Review literature on an ongoing basis to remain current with new procedures and related research.
- Offer suggestions regarding modifications to procedures and protocols in collaboration with graduate post-doctoral individuals.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
- Contribute to publication of findings as needed. Participate in the preparation of written documents, including procedures, presentations, and proposals.
- Help with general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed.
- Help orient and train new staff or students.
- Bachelor's degree in related scientific field.
- General understanding of scientific principles.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand, lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing over 40 pounds.
- Occasionally sit, kneel, crawl, reach and work above shoulders, sort and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely climb, scrub, sweep, mop, chop and mix or operate hand and foot controls.
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, stand, reach above shoulder level, and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Ability to lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty, and odorous environment.
- Position may require repetitive motion.
- May require working in close proximity to blood borne pathogens.
- May require work in an environment where animals are used for teaching and research.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or infectious diseases are present.
- Employee must perform tasks that require the use of personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses and shoes, protective clothing and gloves, and possibly a respirator.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.