Sr. Business Intellligence Analyst
Sr. Business Intellligence Analyst
Job Number: 75531
The Office for Information Resources and Technology (IRT) provides information technology and informatics services in support of the Stanford School of Medicine's (SoM) clinical, research and educational missions. IRT's services include software development, web services, business analytics, educational technology, data center, data security, IT support and clinical informatics. The Stanford University School of Medicine IRT Business Analytics Program is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to, under supervision of the Director, become a key user advocate for analytics at the School of Medicine. The focus of the role is to drive business value for business users: through a service-oriented approach to quality solutions, excellent user experience, clear communication, complete documentation and repeatable process. The senior BIA will be the bridge between the IRT Business Analytics team and the SoM Analytics User Community. The person will "close the loop” of business value: ensuring consistent quality, positive user experience, and driving adoption of analytical solutions throughout the School of Medicine. The success of this role will be directly dependent on how “delighted” our business users are in their experience of our team, its services, and its solutions. The senior BIA will interact with users of analytical information and other stakeholders throughout the School of Medicine -executives, departmental leaders, financial analysts and others, to understand and document their business processes and information requirements. S/he will perform the most advanced project and analytical work, in a wide range of business intelligence activities, to translate users' business requirements into highly impactful analytical solutions. The senior BIA will collaborate closely with Business Analytics Architects and Developers to maintain the uniformity, accuracy, and semantic consistency of information solutions delivered - through the application of effective documentation, data management, security, stewardship, and governance processes. Duties include:
- Analyzing and documenting business intelligence business requirements: business process flows, key business questions, facts and dimensions.
- Analyzing and documenting business intelligence functional requirements: user experience, report and dashboard design, utilizing information delivery best practices.
- Developing visualization and reporting solutions, leveraging technologies such as Tableau, OBIEE, QlikView, Hyperion, BusinessObjects, Microsoft SQL Server, MicroStrategy, or Cognos;
- QA and data analysis, utilizing SQL querying and case-based testing methodology.
- Metadata management methods and tools.
- Bachelor's degree and seven years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience. Work experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
Job: Information Analytics
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.