Responsible for providing instructional design services, training, and consultation for faculty development of online courses. Will work closely the Director of Faculty Development and Student Success to provide the best, most comprehensive support to faculty for both traditional face-to-face and online environments.
1. Coordinates instructional design projects from inception to
completion; enters data into database and maintains files and records.
2. Provides assistance to faculty in technology tools and methods, use of instructional software, and effective uses of multimedia.
3. Provides sound instructional design assistance to faculty using selected software tools for the creation of online course content.
4. Assists faculty in incorporating technology that will enhance teaching and learning in their curricula.
5. Designs and produces learning materials in a variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, animation and multimedia to support teaching and learning.
6. Serves on appropriate committees related to eLearning education, and other institutional committees and initiatives.
7. Works with faculty in individual and group environments to facilitate online course development.
8. Supports faculty in the maintenance of online courses.
9. Serves as the Campus Copyright Officer as per current federal legislation and regulations.
10. Remains current in trends and emerging technologies related to online and face-to-face instructions, specifically related to the effective use and best practices of technologies.
11. Researches, reviews, and provides recommendations on new and emerging technologies that can be used in the online and traditional instructional/learning environments.
12. Works closely with Information Systems on the integration of technologies into learning environments.
13. Works with Information Systems staff to ensure the successful integration of existing resources to promote and support new instructional projects and the delivery of instructional services.
14. Serves on appropriate committees related to electronic delivery of education, instructional technology, and other general institutional committees and initiatives.
15. Serves as Triton College Representative to Illinois Online Network (ION) Steering Committee and ION Liaison.
16. Contributes regular updates to the Center for Teaching Excellence Newsletter on technology in the classroom and Instructional Design topics.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Faculty Development and Student Success .
Bachelor's Degree in Instruction, Educational Administration, Instructional Technology or related field required, Master's degree preferred.
Minimum two years' experience working with instructional technology and instructional design, developing online coursework using a course management system in a higher-education environment is desired. Experience managing and coordinating instructional design projects from inception to completion.
Interact with all levels of management, faculty, staff and students. Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to maintain high levels of creativity and quality. Comprehensive understanding of educational environments, especially related to the role of technology in all aspects of these environments. Familiarity with learning management systems, preferably BlackBoard and experience working effectively with subject matter experts to develop content. Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and work on multiple projects simultaneously with great efficiency and attention to detail. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in an atmosphere with high standards for quality, accuracy, and innovation.