City College, a private, non-profit college is currently seeking motivated, results-oriented, passionate and energetic individuals who can work in a fast paced environment and are committed to changing lives through the power of education.
City College in Ft. Lauderdale, FL is seeking a Part-Time Economics Instructor!
A Master’s Degree is required in discipline of interest or similar field
18 hours required in the discipline of interest
2 years previous teaching experience required
Must have evening availability
- Prepare fully for and teach classes as assigned, making good use of class time and keeping all classes for the scheduled period.
- Develop appropriate grading policies and methods of student assessment to monitor and communicate academic progress.
- Provide full information to students regarding course syllabi, objectives, texts and materials required for the courses taught.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and academic progress.
- Recognize individual differences in the classroom, and adapt instructional techniques to a diverse student population.
- Communicate early with students and the Department Chair regarding possible academic failure.
- Assist students with academic difficulties including being available for consultation outside of class.
- Encourage and motivate students in a positive manner to do their best.
- Abide by all City College policies and procedures.
- Attend quarterly faculty meetings.
- Participate in faculty development activities as required.
If you are interested in helping our College GROW, please click “Apply Now” to submit your resume today!
EOE. Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal back ground check.
Local Candidates Only – These are on campus positions.
Apply for Economics Instructor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly