Administrative Associate 3
Administrative Associate 3
Job Number: 75510
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award- winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers
The Department of Genetics at Stanford University is seeking an Administrative Associate 3 to provide administrative support with limited supervision.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking.
- Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies.
- May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion.
- Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation projects.
- AA Degree and 5 years of Administrative experience is desired
- Experience working at Stanford or another higher education institution in an Administrative role is highly desired
- High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.