Physics Laboratory Professional Services Specialist IV, Part-time (75% 12 months)
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Academic Science Labs and Field Facilities, responsible for the following:
- Under the direction of appropriate program faculty, setup equipment as required for weekly laboratory experiments and field trips in Physics.
- Assist appropriate program faculty in the assembly and printing of lab manuals for introductory courses.
- Under the direction of appropriate program faculty, assist on the preparation and set up classroom demonstration materials.
- Maintain equipment and stockroom areas.
- Maintain a current inventory of equipment and materials used in introductory laboratories and classroom demonstrations.
- Recommend to the Executive Director of Academic Laboratories equipment, materials and supplies to be ordered for laboratory courses and classroom demonstrations.
- Ability to communicate and work well with laboratory staff, faculty and students.
- Recruit, train and supervise Student Workers and Teaching Assistants.
- Maintain a safe laboratory environment.
- Must have organizational and computer skills.
- Must be willing to work evenings.
- Enforce the proper labeling of all chemical compounds in accordance with the requirements of the Hazard Communication Standard and the New Jersey Right to Know Act.
- Support and enforce the OSHA Lab Standard and all pertinent safety regulations in accordance with the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of the School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, the Executive Director of Academic Science Labs and Field Facilities, the Assistant Director of the Academic Science Labs and Field Facilities, and/or the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- B.S. Physics or related field required.
- one (1) year of professional experience in education, higher education, or other field related to the functions of the position would be a plus.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume
- A list of 3 references (included in the application): Name, Company, Email address and Phone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.