Do you enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment? Are you seeking to develop within an organization? If so, then Stanford University School of Medicine has an exciting, challenging and rewarding job opportunity! We are seeking a part-time (50% FTE) Accounting/Finance Associate to provide accounting and finance-related support to the Division of Abdominal Transplantation in the Department of Surgery. Please visit http://transplantation.stanford.edu/
for information on the Division. Duties include: Review, process, gather, and compile accounting transactions and documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.Review transactions, support documents, journal postings, etc. for accuracy, consistency, authorizations and compliance. Monitor transactions in accounting systems for clearing and outstanding items. Compile, maintain, and review data and daily reports for accuracy. Generate standardized financial reports.Resolve transactional inquiries, escalate broader issues. Respond to transactional inquiries from client groups.May be responsible for p-card administration, processing, travel cards and expendable reimbursements.May establish accounts in financial systems; prepare invoices.Maintain accounting/finance departmental files and desktop procedures and process documents for area of responsibility. Ensure compliance with University policies, and federal regulations and requirements. * - Other duties may also be assigned EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED): High School diploma or equivalent and two years' work experience. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree preferredExperience working in an academic or healthcare setting desired.Knowledge of Stanford systems is desirable but not required.Ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients.Ability to act with tact and maintain confidentiality.Ability to track, monitor and adhere to deadlines. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to operate computerized office applications and accounting systems.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. WORKING CONDITIONS: May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.
- Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.