Associate Director of Development Events - Major Gifts (1746)
With moderate supervision by the Director of Development Events and some latitude for independent judgment, coordinate and plan fundraising events for Pratt Institute that will increase the philanthropic support to Pratt. The Associate Director will focus on prospect development for key fundraising events and assist with logistical management and administrative duties when necessary.
- Develop strategies to increase fundraising for The Legends Gala, Pratt's signature fundraising event. Create opportunities for special fundraising initiatives at Legends, such as an onsite auction, text to pledge or other revenue generating platforms.
- Manage relations and communications with Pratt faculty, staff, and departments for development events. (e.g., Deans, Chairs, Finance and Administration, Facilities, Security, etc.). Work with the academic leadership on engaging industry contacts that would be inclined to support Legends.
- Work closely with other Institutional Advancement areas specifically major gifts and corporate relations. Collaborate with the Corporate Relations Manager on developing prospects and strategy to build sponsorship platforms. In conjunction with the Donor Relations Officer, ensure event donors are stewarded and acknowledged appropriately.
- Outreach and administrative duties to include drafting solicitation letters, prepare copy for print materials and electronic outreach, research and compile mailing lists, prepare and execute mailings, follow-up and communication with donors and patrons of events.
- Liaise with trustees, honorees, and special event donors and guests during the planning process and at events.
- Supervise a team of temporary employees that assist with logistical operations prior to and at events
- Plan and execute logistical details for development events including off-site fundraising galas and benefits, cocktail receptions, cultivation dinners, and lectures.
- Coordinate logistics with event vendors including caterer, AV and lighting, transportation, designers, and consultants. Create and distribute requests for proposals, review vendor proposals, negotiations, coordinating payments, on-site management of vendors at events.
- Utilize Raiser's Edge to input donor information, create queries, pull lists and reports, and track various event tasks such as participant registration and seating arrangements.
- Track expenses and income for development events using Raiser's Edge and Microsoft Excel.
- Schedule and manage volunteers and staff duties at events.
- Prepare event timelines and agendas.
- On-site management at events. Some evenings and weekends required leading up to and on event days.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Master's Degree Preferred.
Experience: At least five years of related experience in not-for-profit or higher education events fundraising. Demonstrated success in growing development event revenue.
Skills: Must have above average computer skills including database, Microsoft Word and Excel. Raiser's Edge experience required.
Other: Strong organizational, interpersonal, and oral and written communications skills required. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with staff from diverse backgrounds, as well as demonstrate sensitivity to cross-cultural perspectives and experiences.
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE