Adjunct Faculty – Early Childhood Education
The adjunct instructor will teach Early Childhood Education to a diverse student population. These courses will be offered during the day and evening. The responsibilities and duties of the instructor may change as the needs of the college arise.
• Utilize departmental syllabus template, approved textbooks, and supplemental course materials.
• Submit personalized course syllabus to Deans’ Office in electronic format one (1) week prior to course start date.
• Distribute and review comprehensive course syllabus to students no later than the first week of the course.
• Receive, understand, and follow Course Data Form as distributed by Deans’ Office.
• Adhere to printed course schedule meeting times and locations.
• Obtain prior approval for any substitute teachers or guest speakers from Deans’ Office.
• Maintain grade book in electronic or hard copy format.
• Take and record student Attendance each day.
• Submit accurate and certified Tenth (10th) Day Attendance Verification and Mid-Semester Class Roster or other report to Deans’ Office
• Give final exam at the time and date indicated on the college’s Final Exam Schedule.
• Respond to e-mails from students, staff, and college administrators in a timely manner while classes are in session using assigned college designated e-mail.
• Check assigned college mailbox regularly.