Program Specialist 2 - Department of Education
Eastern Washington University seeks a full time Program Specialist 2 to support our Department of Education, Graduate Programs and Principal Certification Program.
The Program Specialist 2 is responsible for the planning, coordination, development, communication, and implementation of the Masters in Education, Masters in Teaching, and Principal Certification program's functions, components and processes. He/she will assist the Program Directors as assigned with a focus on meeting specific specialized program needs involving graduate programs, certification and other programs.
The position will also provide administrative support to the other Education Programs as needed by the department. Such as completing special projects as requested, such as, but not limited to, assisting in planning major department events.
Position reports to the Department Chair; some supervisory functions will be delegated to the department's Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for basic duties such as reviewing time off requests, timesheet approval, training, liaison between the Department Chair and the employee, and relaying instructions.
The individual will work closely with individual members of the leadership team including, but not limited to Education Department Program Directors, the Assessment Director, and other designated parties.
This individual must be able to self-determine and undertake work requirements; plan, organize, achieve deadlines; exercise independent reasoning and decision making; analyze problems; use discretion and keep confidentiality.
He/she will access and interpret policies and procedures specific to the Masters in Education, Master's in Teaching and Principal Certification Program. He/she will interact on a daily basis with cross-campus Education faculty, staff, students, Education Department administration, and other departments at EWU and outside entities.
Applications will be accepted through Monday, July 24th, and screening of applications will begin the next day. All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
- Bachelor's Degree, any field
- At least two years administrative or operations management experience, including responsibility for program operations;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, develop, oversee, organize, implement, evaluate outcomes and modify tasks;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Experience maintaining both manual and electronic records and files.
- Superior interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is sensitive to the needs of the students, faculty, administrators and our P-12 partners as well as the requirements of the program, Eastern and the State of Washington
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster teamwork and strong working relationships both within and external to the organization;
- Demonstrated competency in computer skills including utilization of MS Office applications for word processing, records maintenance, development and use of forms, and calendar applications, with a willingness to learn platforms and applications as they emerge;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and databases
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal accessibility, of our students, faculty, staff and the public.
- Work experience involving one or more of the following: higher education, student services, P-12 education, and/or any kind of graduate program
- Degree in Education
- Supervisory Experience
- Excel experience in macros, pivot tables and formulas
- Experience in planning small to mid-size events.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail