Administrative Assistant 3 - Department of Education
The College of Arts, Letters & Education at Eastern Washington University seeks a full time Administrative Assistant 3 to support our Department of Education.
This position provides varied high level administrative as well as secretarial support to the Department Chair. Position assists the Chair in administration of departmental procedures, including personnel matters; serves as a resource person to the Department; assists with duties related to meetings, public relations, records management, meetings and special events; and works in collaboration with the Departmental staff, and provides support as directed by the Chair.
This position is available now. As a result, applications will be accepted through Monday, July 24th, and screening of applications will begin the next day. All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
A copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which describes conditions of employment, such as physical demands, may be obtained by contacting the Office of Human Resources at 509-359-2381.Required Qualifications:
- At least three years' relevant full time work experience, further defined as follows:
- -Work must be beyond entry level work, and must predominately consist of higher level, administrative work or work involving complex support functions and assignments;
- -Part time experience may qualify, but must be pro-rated to its full time equivalent;
- -Formal education will substitute year-for-year for experience.
- Supervisory Experience
- Strong computer skills demonstrated by three years' successful full time work experience using a variety of software programs: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, databases, data systems, and publishing software; Outlook
- Demonstrated success in the ability to successfully handle a demanding workload with overlapping deadlines and which required great attention to detail, strong communication skills, perseverance, initiative, and ability to function equally well taking direction and working independently, and in an environment characterized by interruptions throughout the work day;
- Work experience demonstrating success handling a high volume of customer contact and providing customer service; to be considered qualifying, experience must include the following:-Communications and customer service regularly involve a wide variety of different kinds of “customers,” such as internal staff/managers/administrators, students, applicants, other agencies, professionals in the community;
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding files, data, records and other confidential information; adhere to FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974) and other privacy laws.
- Communications and customer service must include both verbal/telephonic, email, and written correspondence; -“High volume” means receipt of an average of 100 customer contacts on a daily basis to include email, telephone calls, visitors, etc.;
- Experience maintaining both manual and electronic records and files.
- Note: each of the Position Specific Requirements (“PSR”) defined above requires three years' full time work experience involving the functions/abilities described above. This experience can come from one or more positions, as long as you offer at least three years' full time qualifying work experience in EACH AND ALL of the PSRs defined above.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal accessibility, of our students, faculty, staff and the public.
- One or more years' experience performing administrative or administrative support responsibilities in a college, university or fast pace business environment;
- Bachelors or higher level degree (any field);
- At least one year experience using an enterprise data system, such as Banner or other large, complex, multi-dimensional data system with over 10,000 records;
- Knowledge or experience involving teacher education and/or the K-12 environment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
-Attention to Detail