Dental Technician (Instructional Classroom Support Tech 2)
Eastern Washington University seeks an experienced Dental Technician for it's RIDE Program - Regional Initiatives in Dental Education.
This position requires a broad-based knowledge of dental laboratory technology, dental equipment and dental materials and will perform various instructional and laboratory support services. The dental technician will assist in the individualized or group instruction of students in development of learning skills, and will work with faculty or instructors in preparing, modifying, and/or developing instructional programs, teaching aids, materials and equipment associated with classroom and laboratory instruction.
This is a 50% time position that works 11 months each year. Position will be rewarded with a competitive salary, comprehensive health benefits, paid time off for vacations, sick leave, and holidays, and more.
Position reports to the Director of the RIDE program, and will also receive direction from the Operations Manager for the RIDE program.
Screening of applications will begin July 25th, 2017. All materials will be held in strict confidence, and references will not be contacted without prior candidate notification.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of EmploymentPosition is budgeted at 50% time, and works 11 months each year. One month of cyclic unpaid time off will be scheduled each year; schedule for cyclic time off will be established within 30 days following the hire date.
This is an agency shop position (covered by a bargaining unit contract).
Work frequently requires use of fine motor skills, the ability to both stand and sit for long periods of time, and ability to bend over work area
- This position requires eligibility for certification in dental laboratory technology.
- Familiarity or experience in dental laboratory support; preference given to candidates who offer 1 or more years of this experience.
- Technical and broad-based knowledge or familiarity of dentistry and dental equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is sensitive to the diverse needs of the students, faculty, administrators and our community partners including needs for universal access.
- Experience in all phases of dental laboratory support.
- Current certification in dental laboratory technology
- Experience maintaining equipment, inventories and supplies related to dentistry and dental laboratories
- Experience as an Instructor or delivering training to dental students
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to work a flexible work schedule is required, as well as ability to work an increased work schedule if this is approved for the position.