The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced full stack developer with some specific expertise working with WordPress who is looking to apply her/his skills to help cure prostate cancer and to improve the lives of the millions of cancer patients and their families. This is a full-time position with benefits.
- Serve as the senior developer and principal architect of the digital strategy for the Prostate Cancer Foundation. This includes, but is not limited to, the development of websites, platform tools, iOS/Android Apps, and APIs.
- Develop and implement a patient portal to ensure all prostate cancer patients get state of science care and advice, saving the lives of potentially tens of thousands of men.
- Manage PCF's progress, including by creating content and material for the team blog, promoting our work, etc.
- Proposing, and in some cases, owning projects that advance direct to patient technology.
- Manage front-end development as needed.
- Compare and evaluate possible courses of action and make decisions regarding digital strategy for the Prostate Cancer Foundation after having considered the various courses of action.
- Supervise and direct the work of the digital strategy team.
- Participate in and provide recommendations as to the hiring and firing and the advancement and promotion of employees on the digital strategy team.
- Establish and implement high quality development and QA practices to ensure the security and availability of web properties.
- 6+ years of related experience
- Experience developing websites and working with content management systems (CMSs), primarily WordPress.
- Experience with developing and using APIs
- Past experience with Agile development (Jira) and collaborating with external developers.
- Experience with version control and deployment tools.
- Ability to analyze tasks, provide development estimates, and keep projects on schedule.
- Proven commitment to writing clean, well-documented code.
- Strong front-end dev skills (HTML/CSS/JS); Experience with CSS pre-compilers, front-end frameworks, common JS libraries, etc...
- Knowledge and experience with the full LAMP stack with a particular focus on PHP and MySQL.
- Experience developing for WordPress, including themes, plugins, and WP multisite. WP contributor and/or active involvement in the WP developer community.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud software and services (Luminate, TeamRaiser, Raiser's Edge)
- Experience managing hosting infrastructure; Ideally this would include optimizing and scaling large, complex CMS deployments.
- Experience with one or more other server-side programming languages.
- Experience writing end-user documentation and explaining complex technical concepts to non- (or less-) technical users.
- Must be able to work under only general supervision and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Curiosity and the willingness to learn, adapt and teach.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS preferred but not required.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with salary history. Feel free to include links to projects, your GitHub repo, etc... Only local, direct candidates (no recruiters) and no phone calls.
The Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) is the world's leading philanthropic organization funding and accelerating prostate cancer research. Founded in 1993, PCF has raised more than $700 million and provided funding to more than 2,000 research programs at more than 200 cancer centers and universities. The PCF global research enterprise extends to 19 countries. PCF advocates for greater awareness of prostate cancer and more efficient investment of governmental research funds for transformational cancer research. Its efforts have helped produce a 20-fold increase in government funding for prostate cancer. More information about PCF can be found at www.pcf.org.
Santa Monica, CA
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 17:54:16 PDT