Sub-Acute Unit Manager (Registered Nurse)
Our "deficiency free 5-star facility" is seeking a Sub-Acute Unit Manager to join our team of professionals. Applicant must have prior experience and ability to function in a fast paced environment.
• Ensure that required staffing levels are met for each shift on a daily basis needed to render care for the number of residents assigned to her/his responsibility.
• Make sure that staffing level adjustments are made each shift as needed and the Federal required posted schedule is adjusted to reflect current actual staffing.
• Attend and participate in morning meeting.
• Attend and participate in monthly QA and other meetings, as assigned, and assist with follow up for any identified issues.
• Monitor provision of resident care by licensed nurses and C.N.A.'s ensure required documentation is completed.
• Review 24- hour resident change in condition report daily ensure necessary follow-up occurs including appropriate interventions implemented, physician and family notified and required documentation has been completed.
• Review resident medical records and documentation to ensure clinical programs are in place per policy and procedures.
• Identify educational needs of staff discuss findings with the Facility Educator and work collaboratively to meet these needs.
• Participate on other committees as requested by the Administrator/Director of Nursing Services.
• Ensure that resident care and documentation is in compliance with state and federal rules and regulations.
• Comply with and ensure that staff is in compliance with HIPAA rules and regulations, reporting any known violations to the Administrator and Director of Nursing Services.
• Ensure work assignments are made for assigned staff, including breaks and lunches and staff is compliant with assignments.
• Initiate disciplinary action as necessary for staff members in collaboration with DON/ADON.
• Communicate with the appropriate department manager/DON and participate with follow up and resolution to any grievances/concerns from personnel, residents or family members.
• Ensure physician orders are being followed.
• Assist the DON/ADON with preparing performance evaluations as directed.
• Greet new admissions and families and assist nursing staff with admission process as needed.
• Within 24 to 48 hours, ensure that all admission documentation is complete including all required clinical assessments and care plans.
• Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to ensure that medications are being administered as ordered and that treatments are provided as scheduled.
• Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
• Report problem areas to the Director of Nursing. Assist in developing and implementing corrective action.
• Attend and participate in continuing education programs to remain current with standards of nursing practice and to maintain licensure requirements.
• Ensure that your nursing staff follows policy and procedures, including appropriate dress code.
• Ensure that nursing staff participate in all fire safety and disaster preparedness drills.
• Ensure that nursing personnel are follow established infection control procedures when isolation precautions become necessary.
• Ensure that all personnel operate nursing equipment in a safe manner.
• Participate as needed and/or directed in collaboration with the Resident Assessment/Care Plan Coordinator in the development of a written care plan (preliminary, interim and comprehensive for each resident that identifies the problems/needs of the resident, indicates the care to be given, goals to be accomplished and which professional service is responsible for each element of care.
• Ensure that all nursing care is provided in privacy and that nursing service personnel knock before entering the resident's room.
• Report and assist with investigation of any allegations of resident abuse including misappropriation of resident property.
• Assist Social Services with ensuring that an Advance Directive/Code Status has been obtained and documented in appropriate places per policy.
• Participate in the annual survey and/or complaint survey processes as directed by Administrator/DON and assist as directed with any plans of correction required.
• Bachelor's degree preferred and/or must be a graduate of an approved RN program.
• Previous supervisory experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of long term care experience.
• Acute Care experience preferred.
• Must be an actively licensed RN in assigned state(s) of employment.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 13:12:34 PDT