Elementary Grade Physical Education Instructor
Specific responsibilities and expectations for the Elementary Grade Physical Education Instructor at P.K. Yonge are as follows:
- Teaching physical education classes
- Effective and innovative uses of technology to support teaching, learning, and collaboration
- Regular parent communication (electronically, face-to-face, and conferences)
- Active participation in teacher inquiry to support continuous program improvement
- Commitment to continuous professional learning and reflection on effectiveness of teaching practice and implemented curriculum for all students
- Candidate would have elementary school experience and training in physical education
Commensurate with education and experienceMinimum Requirements:
(1) a Master's degree in Physical Education. Candidates with Bachelor's degree will be considered, but will be required to obtain a Master's degree within three years of hire with P.K. Yonge;
(2) Florida teaching certification (K-5 Physical Education);
(4) excellent oral and written communication skills; and
(5) demonstrated commitment to diversity and effective strategies for motivating and teaching students with differing abilities from a variety of backgrounds.Preferred Qualifications: 3+ years of teaching experience Special Instructions to Applicants:
The anticipated start date is August 3, 2017. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
This position is a 10-month appointment. Review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants should complete a candidate profile at http://jobs.ufl.edu and submit.
1. A cover letter or of application
2. A complete curriculum vitae with contact information for professional references
3. Three letters of recommendation providing evidence of effective teaching experience and ongoing collaboration with teaching colleagues
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.Health Assessment Required: No