Assistant Executive Director, Alumni and Constituent Relations
Salary: $67,300 - $99,900
Title: Assistant Executive Director, Alumni and Constituent Relations
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Alumni & Constituent Rel.
Date Posted: 06/30/2017
Position Information: The UC Riverside Alumni Association serves to preserve and promote the relationships between UCR and its more than 110,000 alumni. The Assistant Executive Director position is a critical role, providing oversight and management for the offices of Alumni & Constituent Relations and Event Management Protocol. Reporting to Assistant Vice Chancellor (AVC) of Alumni & Constituent Relations (A&CR), the incumbent is responsible for working with A&CR leadership to create the annual budget, reviewing and making recommendations. Will serve as the principal advisor to the AVC; identifying critical issues and developing resolutions, working to develop the AVC's long range plans, and defining overall office goals and objectives. Responsible for the effective and efficient organization and management of staff; plays a key leadership role in providing programmatic and administrative guidance, and support to staff. Serve as key staff member to the UCR Alumni Association's Executive, Finance, and Nominations Committees. Please Note: Candidates will be asked to complete a skills assessment as part of the application. Please Note: As part of the selection process, applicants will be asked to complete one or more pre-employment assessments. Cover letter required.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to prepare and present materials to internal and external constituents.
Solid understanding of financial and resource planning concepts as well as how to control organizational budgeting.
Extensive knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems, budgeting and reporting techniques, accounting and bookkeeping.
Proven ability to deal with changing priorities and direct the work of others accordingly. Ability to multi-task.
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Advanced skills in the use of spreadsheet and database software.
Demonstrated ability to screen applications, interview candidates, and either make selection decisions or recommend individuals for hire.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across the organization at all levels.
Extensive knowledge of, human resource policies, practices, and planning.
Client services oriented, has good listening, communication, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview