8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $67,500
Under the direction of the Student Academic Affairs office and under general department supervision, the incumbent is responsible for academic advising undergraduate majors in Psychology, Neuroscience, and Psychology/Law and Society using developmental advising techniques. Approximately 80% of time will be spent discussing, clarifying, and providing direct assistance to students on curricular requirements, college, and university policy and procedure, making referrals to appropriate departments on campus to meet student needs and tracking general academic progress of students including providing final clearance of graduate applications. Approximately 20% of time will be spent on advising support activities, general administrative duties, and participation in orientation/recruitment events.
Abilities in problem identification, reasoning, ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
Thorough knowledge of advising and counseling techniques, knowledge of multiple majors, colleges, & schools.
Skills in judgment and decision-making, problem solving.
Ability to multi-task.
Thorough knowledge of college/school policies, procedures, and requirements.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, including active listening.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview