8AM - 5PM
$45,624 - $65,436
Under general supervision of the Financial Analyst and general direction of the Financial Administrative Officer (FAO), provide accounting and administrative support to the Performing Arts Administration Unit and the Departments of Creative Writing, Dance, Music, and Theatre, Film and Digital Production. Responsibilities include, serving as the department's iTravel coordinator; processes general accounting transactions such as non-payroll cost transfers, purchase orders, ProCard purchases, work orders, reimbursements, and recharge orders to include all parking services; coordinates student grants and travel advances; monitors accounts of all auxiliary units such as communications, printing & reprographics and mail services, and provides cost analysis reports monthly; act as first point of contact with these campus departments to respond to inquiries and reconcile discrepancies; prepares quarterly financial statements; responsible for quarterly textbook orders and desk copy requests for faculty and teaching assistants; manages the equipment inventory program, including submission of off-campus liability forms and participation in the buy-down insurance program; and serve as the personnel coordinator and department time & attendance administrator for the listed departments.
Must submit cover letter and resume along with application to be considered for the position
-Experience with processing routine financial accounting transactions in an online environment
-Work experience in general accounting and fund accounting and experience with identifying account variances and researching discrepancies in accounting ledgers.
-Skill in communicating effectively and professionally, using tact and diplomacy.
-Skill in the use of personal computers and experience with preparing detailed financial spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Excel.
-Skill in accurate record keeping with strict attention to detail.
-Excellent written communications skills, including the ability to compose business correspondence, edit, and use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
-Ability to function independently and take responsibility for results; organize workload with close attention to detail; manage multiple tasks and timelines; skill in independently research questions and make appropriate contacts for problem solving.
-Ability to work as a team-player and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
-Skill in maintaining confidentiality in all office matters.
-Skill in making appropriate job decisions following established policies and procedures.
-Demonstrated experience with the UCR Financial System, recharge system, and other UCR online purchasing and campus work order systems;
-Working knowledge of UC policies and procedures
-Working knowledge of the UC Payroll Personnel System (PPS) and the hiring process
-Work experience in higher education
-Experience working with members of the performing arts community, especially artists in the fields of Creative Writing, Dance, Music, and Theatre.
-Experience within a customer service oriented environment responding to and meeting/exceeding the needs of the customer while adhering to policy.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview