Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (full time or part time)
90% Part Time
8AM - 5PM
$91,350 - $127,911
Under the general supervision of the Chief Physician of the Student Health Services (SHS), this position provides psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up to patients referred from SHS and Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS). This position provides critical expertise and consultation to SHS primary care clinicians and CAPS staff to care for the most complex and acute mental health conditions facing students.
This recruitment is for multiple positions, ranging from part time to full time depending on candidate's availability and available funding.
Successful completion of a CCNE-accredited Master's Degree Program in Nursing with specialty concentration in Mental Health/ Psychiatry.
Unrestricted California registered nursing (RN) license.
Active, unrestricted nurse practitioner license. Active, unrestricted nurse practitioner furnishing license.
Current Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
Completion of Schedule II controlled substance pharmacology training. Maintain active and current DEA certificate with schedules II-V.
Must possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) / Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) card and must be maintained in accordance with the American Heart Association standards.
Must successfully pass credentialing process and criminal background check.
1 year of psychiatric experience with independent, autonomous case management professional duties.
Knowledge of issues of special importance to college/university students, including drug and alcohol use, eating disorders, chemical dependency and abuse, ADHD, LD, etc.
Knowledge of standards of APRN psychiatric and mental health services in the greater community.
Knowledge of AAAHC requirements relating to psychiatric diagnosis, treatment and record keeping. Experience with ICD 9/ICDI0 coding, DSM-5 in billing.
Ability to work and communicate in a positive and cooperative manner in a multi-disciplinary environment. Good written and oral communication skills using fluent English, including medical charting and correspondence.
Knowledge of HIPAA, FERPA, CMIA and other relevant regulatory patient privacy issues pertaining to the delivery of health care, and especially mental health care
A reasonable level of auditory acuity and be able to communicate effectively with students and their family and providers and staff.
Strong interest in working with college age patients. Awareness of developmental issues as they impact a student's adjustment to campus life. Sensitivity to issues relating to cultural diversity and the problems in adjustment faced by native and foreign students in an unfamiliar environment. Sensitivity to mental health issues of special importance to gay and lesbian students.
Experience with Electronic Medical Records.
Experience working in an University Student Health Center.
Prior experience working professionally with emotional, psychological or psychiatric issues among young adults, college-age and transitional-age youth population
Experience working with Point and Click "EMR".
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview