8AM - 5PM
$91,356 - $127,908
The Nurse Practitioner will provide direct patient care at Student Health Services. The Nurse Practitioner will provide primary care, women's health, and urgent care services to our patients and will work closely with the Chief Physician and the Student Health Services Team. The Nurse Practitioner will also participate in projects to improve patient care.
This is a 10-12 month position.
Possession of a current unrestricted California Registered Nurse License. Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Academic Program and Nurse Practitioner Certification by National Organization. Current unrestricted DEA and NPI number.
Must possess sufficient experience to independently perform the scope of practice identified for the position. Minimum experience of 5 years in primary care, with at least 2 year's experience in Women's Health Care or equivalent experience.
Knowledge of gynecological principles and practices that is applicable to women students, including birth control, care of gynecological illnesses, and teaching good self-care to minimize problems.
Experience in taking medical history and performing physical examinations. Skills to obtain laboratory specimens and perform basic lab tests.
Knowledge of specialists in the community and facilities available for appropriate referral as needed.
Knowledge of electronic medical records and patient care documentation.
Current CPR and AED certification.
Skills to communicate with students to gain their confidence and cooperation in their care and have the ability to relate well with students and staff as a provider. Flexibility in working with a variety of ethnic, religious and lifestyle backgrounds. Skills to effectively communicate with staff and peers to maintain a cooperative approach in the care of the students. Courteous and pleasant manner. Ability to treat co-workers with respect and resolve conflict by acceptable methods.
Knowledge and experience working with a variety of diverse cultures, backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, religious and life-style choices, etc.
Must pass UC Credentialing, reference checks, and criminal background check.
Experience in a Student Health Center.
Familiar with Point and Click EMR.
Certified in Colposcopy.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview