Database Specialist Job Responsibilities:
Maintains database by planning, monitoring, and improving performance.
Database Specialist Job Duties:
• Plans database upgrades by maintaining , evaluating, and improving a transaction processing model
• Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
• Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
• Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
• Assesses database performance by developing a protocol for measurement of results and identification of problem areas.
• Supports database performance by monitoring database performance; evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tools; answering user questions.
• Secures database by preparing access and control policies and procedures; implementing disaster recovery procedures.
• Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical support teams.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Prepares users by conducting training.
Database Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
Database Management, Data Maintenance, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Requirements Analysis, Attention to Detail, Database Security, Developing Standards, Database Performance Tuning, Operating Systems
San Diego, CA
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 15:57:31 PDT