General Business Analyst
The Business Analyst (BA) is a position that works collaboratively between functional areas and Library and Information Technology Services (LITS). This position works out of the Strategic Digital Infrastructure department and the BA interfaces with many departments across the institution.
This position requires a unique combination of technical and people skills. The Business Analyst must be able to speak about technical concepts to individuals at all levels in the institution and maintain a strong customer service focus.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze and develop reports, data extracts, and scripts used by the functional areas. This includes any interfaces with other systems.
- Analyze business processes and identify areas for process improvement and training within a functional area and across the organization.
- Investigate potential solutions for gaps and systems.
- Work with members of the Strategic Digital Infrastructure group and other technical teams to ensure cross-functional issues affecting the functional areas are resolved.
- Identify, vet, and manage functional projects from inception to completion. This includes upgrades of current systems as well as cross-functional projects.
- Develop, maintain, and deliver user documentation and training for new functional employees and upon software rollout and upgrade.
- Provides end user support of the functional systems.
- Collaborate with other business analysts and other LITS departments on broad, institutional initiatives and issues that may impact functional area.
Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field or Bachelor’s degree and equivalent experience is required. Master’s degree in a technology-related field preferred.
- 2 years experience supporting enterprise applications required, 5 years preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience working with relational databases and reporting solutions; very strong SQL skills including scripting (may run concurrently with 5 years experience)
- Experience managing multiple assignments concurrently
- Knowledge of higher education is preferred
- Experience with the Ellucian Banner is preferred and experience with Ellucian Banner Student, Human Resources and Financial Aid is highly preferred
- Experience with Argos is preferred
- Experience with project coordination and project management tools preferred.
Job Related Skills:
- Solution-focused mindset is an absolute must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to analyze situations, think critically and suggest solutions for a wide range of problems.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to manage users with all skill levels.
The University of the South comprises a well-regarded College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and a distinguished School of Theology. It is an institution of the Episcopal Church that welcomes individuals of all backgrounds. The University is located on a striking, 13,000-acre campus on Tennessee’s Cumberland Plateau.
The University of the South is an equal opportunity educational institution that is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive campus environment.