Freshman Admission Counselor
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The GWC Freshman Admission Counselor supports learning by recruiting a diverse student population of full-time freshmen to undergraduate programs. Counsels prospective students throughout the admission process.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as a member of the GWC Enrollment team. Assists with special programs and research projects; participates in the development and implementation of enrollment strategies.
- Identifies, recruits and enrolls prospective students in an assigned geographic territory, uses past data to plan and arrange all phases of travel.
- Researches and provides accurate information about George Williams College's degree program and admissions procedures.
- Evaluates high school transcripts, ACT and SAT board scores. Makes decisions on admission and scholarship levels.
- Manages high school visits, attendance at college fairs, home visits, campus visits, tele-counseling, written correspondence, and financial aid discussions.
- Coordinates open houses, on-campus and off-campus recruitment events.
- Provides financial aid information to prospective students and families, including explanation of the financial aid process; works with the family to determine a comprehensive financial plan for attendance at the University.
- Manages student interns to assist in fulfilling admission counselor duties.
- Recommends and implements strategies to meet enrollment goals for freshman.
- Engages with current CRM, Colleague and other technology recruitment strategies; actively recommend ideas and process improvements.
- Assists with university/college events as needed or requested, including but not limited to Commencement and Music By The Lake.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience in higher education important.
- Experience in admissions, or sales preferred.
- Ability to relate well to prospective undergraduate students.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a customer-service orientation and professional manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software essential. Knowledge of Colleague/Slate preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and parents and to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Ability to prioritize work and to meet deadlines required. Flexibility with an evolving work situation.
- Valid Wisconsin or Illinois driver's license.
- Ability to travel regularly to high schools and career fairs, providing own vehicle.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to move about at different locations. Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person, and via electronic media.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.