Administrative Assistant II (Part-Time), Natural and Applied Sciences
Natural and Applied Sciences
Summary of the Position
The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative support functions in the Valente Center for Arts & Sciences, working with the Valente Center director, faculty, and student leaders. The position coordinates logistics and planning for events, recurring academic seminars, and programs for the center, performing various administrative, bookkeeping, and recordkeeping tasks.
• Provides general administrative support for the implementation and successful continuation of programs in the Valente Center for Arts & Sciences at Bentley, including performing basic data entry and preparing documents in a variety of formats utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite. Maintains contacts lists, runs reports, reviews and edits information associate with these tasks.
• Assists in the design and maintenance of the Valente Center website, including updating event schedules, linking recorded events, and adding announcements and requests for applications for Valente Center programs.
• Creates, organizes, and maintains hardcopy and digital documents and folders associated with Valente Center programs, including flyers and advertisements, visitor forms and contracts, acknowledgement letters, payment requests, and other important documentation.
• Makes room reservations and processes catering orders for lectures, seminars, events, and other spaces requests as needed. Occasionally arranges for video recording of events.
• Monitors and reconciles department budget by running budget reports and keeping track of expenditures and reimbursements for expenses authorized by the Director. Processes monthly travel and purchasing card expense reports and bills for staff and faculty in the center. Reconciles credit card statements and directs charges to various Valente Center funds.
• Makes travel arrangements for staff and faculty in the center. Processes charges approved on Travel Authorization forms and Expense Reports associated with these tasks.
• Assists with the scheduling of the Valente Center Undergraduate Fellows Seminar each semester and assists the Director and Faculty Coordinator with enrollment of students in the seminar.
• Interviews, selects, hires, and manages work study students. Coordinates all student employment scheduling and payroll issues for Work Study students in the center. Provides feedback and corrective action when necessary.
• Assists with the hiring and management of student research assistants and fellows in the center.
• Makes requests for maintenance. Orders office supplies, stationery, business cards, office equipment, furniture, keys, etc.
• Assists in providing visitors with Bentley ID, office space in the Valente Center, internet access, etc.
• Provides a welcoming presence for all Bentley students, faculty, staff, and visitors on behalf of the Valente Center. Works with the Valente Center team and Valente Center suitemates (Honors Program, Liberal Studies Major) to create a collegial, fun, and exciting atmosphere.
Minimum Qualifications(Education and Experience Requirements)
High school diploma or equivalent plus 3-5 years demonstrated administrative support experience. Must be proficient with technology (PC, Mac, and mobile) including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as various Google Docs, among other programs and online platforms as required. Abilities to task-switch and prioritize work are a must. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required. Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills are essential.
Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
This position spends about 80% of time at the computer.
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicants
This is a 20 hours per week, part-time, benefits eligible position. Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent?
- Do you possess a minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated administrative support experience?
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.