Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Physiology & Biophysics (Cluster Hire Initiative)
Open July 18th, 2017 through June 30th, 2018
The University of California Irvine (UCI) Department of Physiology and Biophysics invites applications for a full-time position in the department as part of our cluster hire initiative. The academic appointment will be at the Assistant or Associate Professor levels, which confer membership in the UCI Academic Senate. The department seeks a PhD, MD, or MD-PhD who will be expected to establish an outstanding extramurally funded independent research program in developmental neuropathology. This appointment will be one of several new positions being created as part of the Developmental Neuropathology cluster hire initiative at UCI to enhance and expand existing strengths in the area of developmental neuropathology. The cluster aims to create a synergistic, interdepartmental concentration in developmental systems neuropathology that utilizes multidisciplinary systems biology approaches to more deeply understand and address pathologies of the developing human brain. The program will leverage outstanding existing resources and strengths of UCI Health, School of Medicine, and partners across the UCI campus, including the Center for Complex Biological Systems (CCBS), Alzheimer Disease Research Center (ADRC), Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurologic Disorders (MIND), the Center for Autism Research and Translation (CART) and the Sue and Bill Gross Stem Cell Research Center (SCRC). In addition, candidates will be expected to support institutional and departmental teaching and mentoring missions to medical and graduate students, residents, fellows, and young faculty. Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience and expectations.
Inquiries about the position should be directed to Professor Geoffrey Abbott, Ph.D. Search Committee Chair; Department of Physiology and Biophysics, School of Medicine; D340 Medical Science I; University of California, Irvine, CA, 92697-4560.
Applicants should complete the application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Summary of research interests (up to 3 pages)
- Summary of teaching philosophy
- Names and contact information for 3-5 referees
- PDFs of 3-5 recent publication
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: http://physiology.uci.edu/
- Cover Letter - Your opportunity to enhance your application packet.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Research - Your statement may include a research plan, brief description, and/or scholarly interests.
- Statement of Teaching - Statement describing teaching experience and approach.
- PDF's of 3-5 recent publications
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now