Program Assistant, Clinical Placements
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The George Washington School is Nursing is recruiting for a Program Assistant in Clinical Placements and Contracts to be responsible for the data management of clinical contracts, clinical placement requests, clinical site requirements, and pre-clinical requirements.
• Maintain a list of all clinical sites across the country with active contracts.
• Enter and track clinical placement data in relevant tracking systems and spreadsheets.
• Act as liaison with faculty, staff, and students providing information for particular areas of responsibility, as needed. Work with students to ensure all clinical placement requests are complete.
• Ensure student records in Castle Branch or other pre-clinical tracking system are complete and kept up-to-date. Communicate with students about missing requirements.
• Provide wide range of clerical support including: composing and editing business correspondence, memoranda, and reports.
• Format, prepare, edit and proofread a variety of materials. Assemble documents and review outgoing material for completeness. May design and set up spreadsheets.
• Assist Clinical Placement Team as needed with special projects and assignments.
• Answer and route phone calls, mail and e-mail messages; may handle wide-range information dissemination.
• Prepare and produce reports.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 1.5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• High school degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Proficiency in technical applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software, along with Internet searches, database management, electronic calendar, and email.
• Experience in higher education, healthcare, or corporate setting.
• Excellent computer based organizational skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite & G Suite.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and work in a high volume office setting.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: School of Nursing Family Academic Affairs Sub-Family Program Administration Stream Service and Support Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Part-Time Hours Per Week: 24 Work Schedule: Part-time weekdays-8-12pm subject to change Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006491 Job Open Date: 07/18/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter