Head Softball Coach - Part - time Faculty
The Montgomery College, Rockville, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member-Head Softball Coach. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated coach who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and coach in an engaging manner.
The hiring decision for part-time faculty coach involves an athletic judgment and shall be determined at Athletic Director's sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintaining a respected NJCAA Division III softball program
• Recruiting of student athletes
• Understanding and achieving NJCAA eligibility standards
• Understanding and referring student athletes to college academic support
• Arranging team travel
• Scheduling games and practices
• Ability to work non-traditional hours
• Providing leadership and mentorship of student athletes
• Work closely with the media relations department
• Ability to work effectively with administrators, faculty, staff, parents, and alumni
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
• Bachelors degree is required
• 3-5 years of College, and/or High School softball coaching experience
• Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations; experience training or instructing student-athletes
• Demonstrated leadership experience in team management
• CPR Certified
• Previous head coaching experience at the NJCAA level
• Please visit www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment to apply online.
• The application process includes 10 steps.
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
• Include dates of employment in your application or attachment.
• Complete a set of pre-screening questions.
• E-sign your application.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Completion of a background check.
• Submission of an official transcript of relevant degree
• Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.