Ayass Bioscience is searching for a full-time Bioinformatician to conduct research using bioinformatics theory and methods in areas of genomic, epigenomic, and omic (proteomic, lipidomic and metabolomics) field in addition to designing databases and developing algorithms for processing and analyzing genomic information, or other biological information.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze large molecular datasets for raw microarray data, genomic sequence data, and proteomics data for clinical or basic research purposes.
• Consult with researchers to analyze problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine computational strategies.
• Communicate research results through conference presentations, scientific publications, and project reports.
• Compile data for use in activities such as gene expression profiling, genome annotation, and structural bioinformatics.
• Create novel computational approaches and analytical tools as required by research goals.
• Create or modify web-based bioinformatics tools.
• Design and apply bioinformatics algorithms including unsupervised and supervised machine learning, dynamic programming, or graphic algorithms.
• Develop data models and databases.
• Develop new software applications or customize existing applications to meet specific scientific project needs.
• Direct the work of technicians and information technology staff applying bioinformatics tools or applications in areas such as genetic, epigenetic, proteomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, and clinical bioinformatics.
• Improve user interfaces to bioinformatics software and databases.
• Instruct others in the selection and use of bioinformatics tools.
• Provide statistical and computational tools for biologically based activities such as genetic analysis, measurement of gene expression, and gene function determination.
• Test new and updated bioinformatics tools and software.
• Confer with departments such as marketing, business development, and operations to coordinate product development or improvement.
• Function as the primary resource for analysis of tests.
• Provide timely and accurate test results.
• Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies, documenting all quality control activities.
• Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- M.S. - Bioinformatics
- Knowledge in the R Project for Statistical Computing
Our lab is diagnostic medical laboratory specialized in autoimmune diseases , coagulation abnormalities , immunology , allergy, toxicology and pharmaco-genomic and next generation sequencing testing.
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 10:17:51 PDT