Animal Caretaker I
Requisition # 2017-7768
Department Princeton Neuroscience Inst
Category Research and Laboratory
Date Posted 4 months ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University seeks a highly motivated, well-qualified individual to serve to help with animal care and behavioral training/testing in the Witten lab. Under the supervision of students and postdocs in the lab, the individual will perform routine and repetitive duties related to the care of laboratory animals including maintaining records and data and assisting with the needs of staff, students and faculty.
- Train rodents: Retrieve rodents from animal facility; load into behavior boxes; observe; unload ; return them to their home cages and transport them to the animal facility.
- Water and weigh rodents; keep accurate hand-written records of the amount of water given, time given and daily weight.
- General care and husbandry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The qualified candidate must be well organized, reliable, punctual, possess good attention to detail and good communication skills. Must be able to work individually or in a team environment with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a laboratory environment with normal protective equipment.
- Candidates must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- The successful candidate must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- An A.S. in Zoology, Biology, Animal Husbandry or equivalent is a plus. PC computer skills in Windows software preferred.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.