Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a DevOps Engineer for its studio based in Troy, NY. As a DevOps Engineer at WB Games New York (a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), you will be working primarily on our online game services platform called "Hydra Studio", in addition to some other internal technologies.
You will be responsible for assisting in the management of the infrastructure behind very complex data processing and presentation tools that integrate tightly with some of the industry's biggest game franchises. You will work as part of a highly talented team of producers, engineers, and business specialists to expand the Hydra platform, and ensure an efficient and stable environment for WB Games' catalogue of products.
We are looking for a candidate with the ability to quickly learn new platforms. We use many different technologies within Hydra, and while we don't expect you to know them all coming in, we need a candidate who can quickly learn and be proficient with them!
- Design, implement, and support tools and process to automate and improve infrastructure visibility and supportability
- Collaborate with software engineers to improve supportability, stability, and robustness of custom server software and infrastructure
- Write and review code, develop documentation, and debug problems, live, on very complex systems
- Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
- Iterate and develop infrastructure tests to ensure platform stability
- Constant review, documentation, and improvement of the security of our infrastructure
- 3-5 years experience managing the infrastructure of a cloud service.
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience using system monitoring tools, and writing automated tests (we use Sensu)
- Experience with automation/configuration management (we use SaltStack and AWS Cloud Formation)
- Able to read and write software in Python or some other administrative language
- Experience supporting and maintaining a database (NoSQL experience is a plus, since we primarily use MongoDB, RedisDB, and ElasticSearch)
- Ability to work on a rotating shift, potentially including nights and weekends
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, startup-like environment
- Interest in working on-site at our office in Troy, NY
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- OS: Linux, Windows, OS X
- Databases: MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis
- Frameworks: Rails, node.js
- Misc: Saltstack, Git, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Munin, Sensu, Sentry
- Competitive salaries
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision programs for you and your dependents
- Company-matching 401K retirement program
- Free games, discounts, and other employee benefits offered by Warner Bros.
- An open & collaborative work space
- We value a good work-life balance
- The code and systems you work on will be in production and used by millions of gamers all around the world, within some of the most popular IP in the video game industry.
WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montral, and more!
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 08:42:04 PDT