PRA - Cell Therapy
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
Nature of Work:
The flow cytometry specialist will be part of the staff of the Gates Biomanufacturing Facility (GBF) in the Cell Therapy group to meet client and cGMP requirements for the manufacture, testing, and distribution of cell-based products for research and patient administration. This is a full-time position.
Flow cytometer/cell sorter specialist
Director of Cell Therapy
Examples of Work Performed:
- Operation of bench-top flow cytometers (Beckman Coulter Gallios and Kaluza software) for cell analysis consisting of data collection, analysis, and preparation of graphics and reports for data display. Assays are frequently complex in nature, consisting of up to 10 fluorochromes which require compensation for multiple spectral overlaps and intricate gating criteria.
- Setup instrument hardware and software to perform specific research and clinical manufacturing projects. This includes laser beam alignment, optical filter selection, operational parameters selection, and instrument protocol construction.
- Work directly with project managers, scientists, and clients to meet project goals.
- Perform both general and project-specific quality control procedures to ensure instrument performance for research and clinical manufacturing projects. This includes troubleshooting and interaction with project stakeholders, as well as field service engineers for instrument repairs.
- Develop and implement startup operations, test methods, and SOPs for general and project-specific needs.
- Assist with shared resource equipment scheduling, usage tracking, and billing.
- Work involves hazardous chemicals, handling viable human cells, biological substances, and laser beams.
Required Competence/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Motivated, reliable, with the ability to work independently, quickly learn new techniques and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Clear communication skills are critical as candidate will have direct interaction with clients and other groups within the GBF.
- Broad knowledge of relevant computer hardware and software.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and a demanding schedule.
- Able to work with complex bio-medical instrumentation.
- Functional knowledge of immunology and molecular biology.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- BS/BA in biology, chemistry, medical technology, or other related discipline.
- 5 years of flow cytometry experience
- Masters in directly related discipline
- 10 years of flow cytometry experience
- Experience with and understanding of relevant FDA regulations for GMP cell therapy manufacturing
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10278
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: Jul 18, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Matt Seefeldt
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00050285