CASH MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
JOB NO.: 91445-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: BUS SVC/ADMINISTRATION
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91445-AS
Working Title: Cash Management Accountant
Official Title: SR ACCOUNTANT(R10BN) or ACCOUNTANT(R10DN)
Hiring Department: A030100-BUSINESS SERVICES/ADMINISTRATION
Anticipated Begin Date: SEPTEMBER 15, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
ANNUAL (12 months)
Degree and Area of Specialization:
A degree in accounting, finance, or business administration is preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Minimum of at least two years of accounting, finance, or business administration experience.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and theories.
2. Knowledge of or ability to interpret the State of Wisconsin statutes, federal regulations, and administrative rules.
3. Knowledge of or ability to learn the university, college, and department policies, including the UW System account code structure.
4. Knowledge of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS).
5. Knowledge and ability to understand revenue ledger recording, cash receipt collections, and use of departmental deposits.
6. Excellent organization and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and to handle pressure.
7. Excellent understanding of system integration and customer acceptance testing methodologies.
8. Demonstrates extensive detail-orientation, and problem solving abilities.
9. Knowledge and understanding of the life cycle of revenue transactions traveling from web store fronts, to third party provider, to output reports provided for campus. Excellent understanding in both the functional and technical aspects of the transaction life cycle.
10. Ability to work independently as well as with at team.
11. Strong ability to maintain effective working relationships with all staff within a diversified campus community.
12. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
13. Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
14. Excellent verbal and written communication.
15. Knowledge of training and presenting techniques.
16. Knowledge of computer applications, automated accounting systems, and general financial applications.
UW-Madison, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin System, is a major land-grant university committed to excellence in teaching, research, and public service, with a campus environment that facilitates cross disciplinary collaborative research, revenues of $2.8 billion, a student body of approximately 43,000, and faculty/staff of approximately 22,000. The Cash Management function is a centralized, campus organization within the Accounting Services unit in the Division of Business Services and is responsible for accounting for cash, check, ACH, wire, and centrally received revenue receipts.
Under the general supervision of the Cash Management Supervisor, this position is responsible for establishing and maintaining campus wide policies and procedures as they relate to collections of revenues, deposits, and security of customer credit card information. This position requires knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), broad variety of University funding sources, Federal regulations, State of Wisconsin, UW System, and UW-Madison campus rules, regulations and guidelines. Accuracy and integrity of data is imperative to this position. This position also requires knowledge of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). This standard was developed by the credit card industry to protect credit card information from being compromised by outside activity. Revenue processed through the Cash Management section exceeds $2 billion per fiscal year. The revenue may come in the form of cash, check, credit or debit card, ACH, wire transfer, or other forms of payment.
Instructions to applicants:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references, one of which should include your current supervisor or manager. The application materials should include a brief description of your accounting experience, along with how it relates to cash management, treasury, and/or business administration and the payment card industry. Professional references will be held confidential and will be used in the final stage of the recruitment process.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 18 Jul 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 15 Aug 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time