Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
Nature of Work:
A Professional Research Assistant (PRA) is needed to assist in the operation of the Stem Cell Biobank and Disease Modeling core facility at the Charles C. Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine. The successful candidate will be involved in ongoing studies in areas of urine-derived stem cells, induced pluripotent stem cells, gene correction and related projects. In addition to core services, the PRA will be involved in ongoing studies in the area of skin regeneration using induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) - based approaches .The PRA will be trained in any new procedures and will be responsible for some routine laboratory tasks.
The successful candidate will conduct partially independent laboratory work.
Dr. Ana Jakimenko, core manager, and Dr. Ganna Bilousova, Assistant Professor of Dermatology and core director, will directly supervise the PRA.
The successful candidate will perform molecular and cellular biology experiments such as immunohistochemical/immunofluorescent staining, molecular cloning, cell culture, qPCR and work with induced pluripotent stem cells, which includes differentiation of pluripotent stem cells into a variety of cell types, cleaning, and maintenance. In addition, the Professional Research Assistant will participate in murine studies, including skin grafting surgeries and xeno-transplantations. Laboratory duties will involve ordering supplies, receiving laboratory reagents and making stock solutions. The candidate must have good organizational skills, excellent communication skills in English language, strong work ethic, willingness to learn and excellent record keeping abilities. Development of new techniques and independence will be expected and encouraged. This is a full-time position and will require occasional work on the weekends.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry, cell biology, or other related field of study from an accredited college or university;
- Experience in a cell biology laboratory.
Required Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness and ability to learn and adopt new techniques quickly;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Good organization skills and excellent record keeping abilities
- Demonstrated ability to file correctly by alphabetical/numerical order, to pay attention to details and follow precisely written procedural instructions.
- Advanced computer skills in data entry, MS Word, Outlook, Excel and Internet use.
- Experience in tissue culture;
- Experience in using cellular and molecular biology techniques like immunostaining, cell transfections, etc.
- A Master's degree or higher;
- Previous experience with stem cell cultures, especially induced pluripotent stem cells;
- Experience with animal models.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10283
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: Jul 18, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Gamma Bilousova
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00050286