Womens Basketball Assistant Coach
Position: Women's Basketball Assistant Coach
Status: Full time Administrative Faculty Position
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, including a full benefit package
The Women's Basketball Assistant Coach works to assist the Head Coach, performing all duties in compliance with all NCAA, Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference and Earlham College rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build relationships with prospective student-athletes.
- Plan and host prospective student-athlete visits to campus.
- Assist head coach in responding to contacts generated over the spring and summer. These include coaches' mailings, attendance at AAU tournaments, observing team camps, recruiting services and admissions contacts.
- Establish and maintain recruiting database.
- Perform phone calls and emails to recruits.
- Attend practices and/or games of recruits.
- If available assist in summer recruiting efforts by attending summer team camps and AAU tournaments.
- Office Duties
- Video coordinator - assure that all video exchanges are performed including the filming and copying of our games, the request and secure of future opponent game film and the editing of our games and future opponents tapes.
- Assist the head coach as travel coordinator by arranging bus and van schedules, pre and post-game meals and overnight accommodations.
- Assist the head coach in monitoring academic progress.
- Be a presence in the office, able to assist player needs.
- Practice/Player Development
- Assist head coach with daily practice plan.
- Assure playing court set-up i.e. baskets, clock, properly inflated balls, clean practice gear.
- Direct breakdown drills providing individual player attention and more repetitions per player.
- Assist in overseeing weight training and individual workouts.
- Assist in designing off-season workouts for player improvement.
- Scouting/Game Preparation/Game Day Duties
- Assist head coach in game plan and scout of future opponents
- Instruct second team as a scout team.
- Assist with game decisions
- Post-game duties-video exchange, arrange team meal, secure statistics and contact sports information director.
- Help distribute, collect and inventory player gear and equipment.
- Assist with all program fundraisers.
- Be knowledgeable and able to assume head coaching responsibilities in case the head coach is unable to perform duties.
- Be an active member of the athletic department staff by attending staff meetings, supporting other athletic programs and being responsive to the needs of departmental support staff (director of athletics, associate director of athletics, support staff, athletic trainer, sports information director).
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree is required; a master's degree is preferred.
- Previous collegiate coaching experience, preferably at a NCAA Division III school, or success as a head coach at the high school level.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional leadership and a commitment to, and understanding and appreciation of, NCAA Division III athletics and wellness in a private liberal arts college.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working on a campus with a diverse student body.
- A current and valid driver's license is required.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other differences. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
POSITION Women's Basketball Assistant Coach
REQ NUMBER ATH-17-00006
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Earlham College, an independent, residential college, aspires to provide the highest quality undergraduate education in the liberal arts, including the sciences, shaped by the distinctive perspectives of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). Earlham emphasizes the pursuit of truth, lack of coercion, respect for others, openness to new truth, integrity and application of what is known to improving our world.
Earlham College and the Earlham School of Religion are located in Richmond, Indiana, a city of about 39,000. Founded in 1847 by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), Earlham College is an independent, four-year, coeducational, residential institution of higher learning. Approximately 1,200 undergraduate students attend Earlham College on its 800-acre tree-shaded campus. Earlham College offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in 40 disciplinary and interdisciplinary fields, as well as permitting self-designed studies and a cooperative program in engineering. Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education degrees also are offered at Earlham College.
EOE STATEMENT Earlham College, an independent, residential college, aspires to provide the highest-quality undergraduate education in the liberal arts, including the sciences, shaped by the distinctive perspectives of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.