SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT, Comptroller's Office, General Accounting (4842/G1817)
Reconcile complex accounts, identify variances, and verify the accuracy of journal entries. Independently prepare journal entries and assist with the month end and year end close processes, financial and ad-hoc reporting, and other duties as assigned. Work closely with other members of the General Accounting staff, and with staff in Budget, Student Accounts, Research Accounting and other areas.
B.A/B.S. Three to five years of related experience. CPA/MBA preferred. Non-profit/public accounting experience highly desired. This position requires
- Strong accounting background
- Analytical skills with superior attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in order to clearly share information.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and be flexible in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- MUST INCLUDE COVER LETTER TO BE CONSIDERED.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.