Houston Community College (HCC) is an open-admission, public institution of higher education offering a high-quality, affordable education for academic advancement, workforce training, career development and lifelong learning to prepare individuals in our diverse communities for life and work in a global and technological society. We're proud to say that 98 percent of our graduates step into a job in their field of study immediately upon graduation. One of the largest community colleges in the nation, HCC has served the Greater Houston area for over four decades. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Schools Commission on Colleges, we offer 300+ associate degree and certificate programs to 75,000+ students across 13 Centers of Excellence and online each semester. We are proud to be No.1 among all community colleges in the nation in providing associate degrees to minorities and No.1 in educating international students, with 10.4 percent of our student population from outside the USA. Our vision is to become the Employer of Choice in support of our mission for Student Success by attracting, retaining and motivating the best employees.
Play a central role at HCC as you keep our everyday operations running like clockwork. You'll get the chance to make things happen and work closely with inspiring leaders across different parts of the institution. Whether your role is supportive, administrative, financial or something else, you'll be part of a dynamic team that not only provides HCC students with cutting-edge academic and career tools, it also takes care of its people.
Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated program to ensure that goals or objectives of program are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review program proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing program, staffing requirements, training activities, and allotment of available resources to various phases of program;
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of program, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of program personnel;
- Confer with program staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority;
- Direct and coordinate activities of program personnel to ensure program progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget;
- Review status reports prepared by program personnel and modify schedules or plans as required. Prepare program reports for management, client, or others;
- Confer with program personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems; and
- Coordinate program activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Bachelor's degree in Education, Business or a related discipline required.
Minimum five (5) years business or industry experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of PC and MAC platforms;
- Grant research and writing abilities essential;
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to give public presentations; and
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Next steps: If striving for smooth financial operations is what you do best, and you want to contribute to HCC's student experience, your next step should be applying for this position. We look forward to hearing from you.
Houston is a city with limitless possibilities:
• Fourth-largest city in the U.S. and home to 54 Fortune 500 companies, second only to New York City's 55.
• 145 languages are spoken here.
• Overall after-taxes living costs are 5.6 percent below the average for all 308 urban areas recently surveyed.
• Houston is a major-league sports town, and don't forget the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.
• The weather is great! Mild winters ensure that outdoor activities can be enjoyed year-round.
• World-renowned medical care. The Houston metro area has long been known for its first-rate health care system, with many Houston area hospitals consistently ranking among the nation's top institutions.
• With over 150 museums and cultural institutions in the Greater Houston area, museums are a large part of Houston's cultural scene.
• Houston is the Culture & Culinary Capital of Texas with more than 7,500 restaurants and eating establishments covering 60+ cuisines.
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply right away.
It is the policy of the Houston Community College System to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran's status. Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact the Employment Services Office at (713) 718-8565.
HCC values its employees and their contributions, promotes opportunities for their professional growth and development, and provides a positive working and learning environment that encourages diversity, innovation and creativity, and inclusion.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.