Program Specialist 2 - Field Experience for Department of Education
Eastern Washington University seeks a full time Program Specialist 2 to support our Department of Education and the Field Experience programs.
The Program Specialist 2 is responsible for the planning, coordination, development, communication, and implementation of the Field Experience program's functions, components and processes. He/she will assist the Professional Educator Programs as assigned with a focus on meeting specific specialized program needs involving internships, practicum, field experiences, and partnerships with P12 districts.
Position reports to the Department Chair, and the Administrative Assistant will execute basic limited supervisory duties such as reviewing time off requests, timesheet approval, training, liaison between the Department Chair and the employee, and relaying instructions. The individual will work closely with individual members of the leadership team including, but not limited to Education Department Program Directors, the Assessment Director, and other designated parties.
This individual must be able to self-determine and undertake work requirements; plan, organize, achieve deadlines; exercise independent reasoning and decision making; analyze problems; use discretion and keep confidentiality.
He/she will access and interpret policies and procedures specific to the Field Experience portion of educator preparation programs. He/she will interact on a daily basis with P-12 schools, supervisors, cooperating teachers, cross-campus Education faculty, staff, students, Education Department administration, and other departments at EWU and outside entities.
Applications will be accepted through Monday, 7/24/2017, and screening of applications will begin the next day. All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
- Bachelor's Degree, any field
- At least two years administrative or operations management experience, including responsibility for program operations;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, develop, oversee, organize, implement, evaluate outcomes and modify tasks;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Superior interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is sensitive to the needs of the students, faculty, administrators and our P-12 partners as well as the requirements of the program, Eastern and the State of Washington
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster strong working relationships both within and external to the organization;
- Demonstrated competency in computer skills including utilization of MS Office applications for word processing, records maintenance, development and use of forms, and calendar applications, with a willingness to learn platforms and applications as they emerge;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and databases
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal accessibility, of our students, faculty, staff and the public.
- Work experience involving one or more of the following: higher education, student services, P-12 education, and/or any kind of field placement program
- Degree in Education
- Supervisory Experience
- Excel experience in macros, pivot tables and formulas
Other Skills and Abilities:
-Attention to Detail