Modesto Junior College
Salary: $3,111 to $3,974 per month – Range 23 (Classified Salary Schedule 2015-16)
40 hours per week, 12 months per year
8 hours per day/ 5 days per day
May include weekend and night schedule.
Appointments are hired at the first step of the range. The second step is paid after the first year of satisfactory service with subsequent steps annually thereafter to a maximum sixth step.
Complete job description and application available online at: http://yosemite.peopleadmin.com/postings/2826
Under general supervision, performs technical and specialized duties and activities pertaining to District duplicating processes; sets up, duplicates, collates, and binds of printed items using high speed digital copiers; provides information to customers regarding their project options and costs; monitors and maintains equipment functions; maintains charge records and prepares invoices; and performs related work as assigned.
This is the full working level class in the Printing & Reprographics Series within the Yosemite Community College District (YCCD). Incumbents perform specialized duplicating functions, utilizing technical knowledge of digital copier systems to make decisions and complete assignments.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Incumbents in this class work under the general supervision of a manager or senior manager, working alone on routine or regular work assignments and checking with a supervisor on non-routine assignments or when in doubt as to the correct procedures to follow.
An incumbent in this class does not directly lead or supervise other full-time employees, but may assign, direct and/or monitor the work of subordinate full time, part time, and/or student employees on a project or assignment basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The knowledge and ability requirements are representative of essential duties. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Methods, techniques and procedures pertaining to volume reprographic printing and related functions.
• Paper and ink properties and characteristics, and material reproduction supply sources.
• Inventory control and supply and material management methods and techniques.
• Safe working methods and procedures.
• Set up and operate offset presses, high speed copiers and other specialized printing and reproduction equipment with speed, accuracy and precision.
• Accurately estimate material production time and supply costs.
• Maintain a variety of records and files in the print production center.
• Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education, experience and/or training that would likely provide the above-required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. Typical background patterns that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities are:
• Education: Possession of a High School diploma or GED.
• Experience: Two years performing high speed and high volume computerized photocopying/duplicating that included a wide range of supplemental finishing services (e.g., collating, binding, punching) and also involved assisting with project design/layout.
Example of Duties
• Performs technical and specialized duties and activities pertaining to District duplicating processes.
• Receives and reviews duplication requests and copy from customers; sets up, duplicates, collates, and binds materials including, but not limited to, booklets, flyers, instructional materials, bulletins, and newsletters, based on the customer’s request.
• Operates digital photocopiers, laminators, folders, cutters, staplers, binders, and other job-related equipment as needed.
• Assists customers with identifying and determining finishing options; demonstrates and assists in implementing design, layout, photo manipulation, and other alternatives using computerized software, hardware and peripheral equipment; establishes, sets up, and implements folding, padding, trimming, wrapping, stapling, hole-punching, numbering, envelope stuffing and other choices; establishes product delivery plans.
• Monitors supply inventories and ensures that adequate materials are on hand for pending projects; identifies the need for special materials and initiates procurement procedures.
• Maintains and cleans equipment according to preventive maintenance schedules; makes minor repairs and corrections to improve system function; identifies the need for external service or repairs and coordinates with service technicians as needed.
• Serves as a technical resource to others regarding reprographic activities; explains policies,
regulations and operational procedures to persons contacting the office such as faculty, students and staff.
• Enters, maintains, and tracks data pertaining to the flow of machine operations and the type/volume of work produced; maintains basic accounting records and information.
• May deliver printed products and/or place them in campus literature racks.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Licenses and Certificates
Depending upon assignment, a valid license to drive in California may be required.
Physical and Mental Standards
• Mobility: ability to stand for long periods, and reach above and below desk level.
• Dexterity: fine manipulation sufficient to operate a computer keyboard, handle individual papers, write and take notes.
• Lifting: frequent lifting of papers, files, equipment and material weighing up to 25 pounds; occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Visual Requirements: close vision sufficient to read files, documents, and computer screens and do close-up work; ability to adjust focus frequently.
• Hearing/Talking: ability to hear normal speech, speak and hear on the telephone, and speak in person.
• Emotional/Psychological Factors: frequent contact with others including some public contact; frequent deadlines and time-limited assignments.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.