Visiting Assistant Professor - Public Administration
Department of Planning and Public Administration - Faculty Position Available September 2017
The College of Business & Public Administration at Eastern Washington University is currently seeking to fill a Visiting Assistant Professor of Public Administration position (rank is as Lecturer) for the 2017-2018 academic school year. The college seeks faculty who are committed to excellence in instruction and who appreciate a student-centered, practice-oriented, hands-on emphasis in the education process. Eastern Washington University is a regional, comprehensive institution where excellent teaching must be supplemented with an appropriate research program. The primary teaching assignment for this position will be in the Master's Program in Public Administration.
EASTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY is a Masters I public university of over 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students offering high-quality liberal arts and professional programs in Cheney, the Spokane metropolitan area, and elsewhere in Washington State. All MPA classes are offered on EWU's Riverpoint Campus in downtown Spokane. Eastern Washington University's MPA Program is accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and Administration (NASPAA).
This position is open until further notice; screening will begin late July. All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified and agreed.
Questions may be directed to Dr. Ning Li, Program Director, Master of Public Administration Program.
EASTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Successful candidate(s) will be required to pass a background check and show proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. pursuant to U.S. immigration laws.
Conditions of Employment
- Multiple work locations (Main Office located at EWU Riverpoint Campus, Spokane, and a shared office is at the EWU Cheney Campus)
- Field instruction may be part of some classes, and some travel is expected.
- The required start date for this position is 09/15/2017. To be considered eligible for appointment into the position, applicants must be available and able to start in the position no later than 09/15/2017.
- Doctoral degree or ABD in public administration or related field, or MPA degree with 5+ years' experience in public administration.
- Ability to teach courses at the graduate level, preferably in one or more of the following areas: budgeting, public personnel, public management, or organizational behavior.
- Willingness to learn and use on-line teaching approaches
- Demonstrated interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency and/or diversity
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal accessibility, of our students, faculty, staff and the public.
- Strong combination of professional practice and academic experience
- Multiple years teaching experience at the college or university level
- Experience teaching at least one full course at the graduate level
- Experience teaching on-line courses
- Ability to teach in a variety of fields in public administration.