Specialist - Teacher-Fixed Term
- Provide instruction and facilitate a variety of programs such as Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Advanced Trauma Life Support.
- Participate in regular instruction of academic and professional development programs including off-site. Develop curriculum, implement teaching and evaluate learning.
- Maintain current knowledge and integrates strategies related to simulation and other educational methodologies in these programs, including use of Standardized Patients and use of immersive human patient simulators.
- Facilitate simulation experiences including planning, acquisition of equipment/supplies, ongoing communication with faculty, training of standardized patients and/or per diem healthcare providers and evaluation of events.
- Participates in marketing and publicity for external and professional development programs.
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement initiatives to continuously improve implementation of programs in addition to development of policy and procedure documents.
Bachelors -Healthcare related fieldDesired Degree
Masters -Healthcare related fieldMinimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare related field such as nursing or paramedic or experience considered equivalent. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of two years clinical experience in acute or critical care.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certifications, prefer AHA instructor credential.
- Minimum one year experience facilitating and implementing educational program(s).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of organizational personnel including faculty, staff, students and individuals external to the university.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with diverse populations of learners.
- Experience planning, developing, implementing, evaluating and customizing clinical education programs. Experience marketing programs including use of social networking venues.
- Knowledge of educational theory, principles and methods of adult education.
- Experience with instructional technologies such as high fidelity simulators.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance and/or Quality Improvement processes.
- Evidence of scholarly engagement.
CV/Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions
Hours are typically during the day, however, occasional evening and weekend events may occur.