Assistant Professor (Human Resource Management)
General Description of Position: The Management Department in the College of Business Administration at Kansas State University seeks to hire an assistant professor for a tenure-track appointment in Human Resource Management. Information about the College:
Kansas State University is a state-supported institution with over 23,000 students. The University is recognized for the quality of its academic programs and for consistently producing winners of top national scholarships. The 668-acre main campus is located in beautiful Manhattan, Kansas (population approximately 50,000) a community nestled in the Flint Hills of Northeast Kansas. The College of Business Administration is one of 10 Colleges on the main campus. The College, with 2800 undergraduate and graduate students and 55 full-time faculty members, consists of four academic departments: Accounting, Finance, Management, and Marketing. The College is accredited by AACSB at the bachelors and masters level in both business administration and accounting. The university and the college are dedicated to enhancing the diversity of our student body and staff, and providing an inclusive work environment.
For more information on the College of Business Administration, please visit http://www.cba.ksu.edu.
This fall we start our second year in our brand new building! See more about our new building updates, technology, and amneties at http://cba.k-state.edu/about/new-building/#prettyPhotoDiversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community. The Successful Candidate will: Be the best candidate meeting the listed required qualifications and excelling at listed preferred qualifications. Required Minimum Qualifications:
- A Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a Management-related field from an AACSB accredited Business School (or must be within 6-months of degree completion at the start of contract);
- Demonstrated potential for conducting high quality research and publishing in high quality journals in the Management discipline;
- Demonstrated potential for high quality teaching in Human Resource Management;
- Ability to contribute to the service mission of the college;
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Strong research records as demonstrated through publications in top academic journals and presentations at national academic conferences;
- Prior university teaching experience in human resource management;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Related professional work experience;
- Demonstrated ability to teach one or more of the following advanced courses: (a) Staffing Organizations, and/or (b) Compensation & Performance Management. (The ability to teach other courses offered by the Management Department may be considered secondarily.)
Screening begins after July 24 and concludes on September 6.
NOTE: We will do limited interviewing at the Academy of Management Conference in Atlanta in early August with invited candidates who have previously submitted applications. We will do phone or video conference interviews for selected applicants unable to meet with us at the the Academy of Management ConferenceSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
We are only accepting materials through the university-administered applicant tracking system and CANNOT accept applications via the Academy’s Placement site (or email).
To be considered for this position, you must submit your application and application materials at http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/501793
Application materials to submit:
- Cover letter (please indicate whether you will be available for interview at the Academy’s conference in Atlanta);
- Other materials that address the required and preferred requirements noted above.
Salary Range / Pay Rate: Competitive Equal Employment Opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Background Screening Statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.