Office Assistant III
Office Assistant III
University of San Francisco
Under the supervision of the Senior Director and Assistant Director of Operations, with daily oversight by the Program Assistant V, this position is responsible for assisting in the smooth functioning of the front office. This position will provide clerical and administrative support to the Senior Director and the psychological staff by providing professional, non-judgmental, efficient customer service to individuals seeking services. In addition, this position is required to perform assignments and handle problems as they arise in a highly confidential manner.
As part of the larger staff in Student Life, the Office Assistant III helps to create a supportive University community which encourages student learning and development in the Jesuit Catholic tradition. The mission of Student Life is to fully support holistic student development within a social justice framework centered in preparing students to be caring, socially responsible citizens in our global and local community.
• Performs clerical tasks typically involving more than a one-step process.
• Processes routine requests and solves problems in standardized situations including answering telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner, addressing walk-in students seeking appointments, scheduling clients and clinicians, filing paperwork, photocopying, assisting in creating reports for the center, assisting in creating PowerPoint presentations, creating flyers for activities, orienting clients to the center and its policies.
• Clarifies caller or visitor requests of the department and provides information and contacts clinical staff when necessary.
• Understands CAPS function and can explain department’s policies and procedures.
• Works with staff of 15+ clinicians
• Update, edit, create CAPS forms, signs, group announcements, handouts
• Handles confidential information for data entry and referral
• In absence of Program Assistant V, facilitates access to services for students in crisis; coordinating with Case Manager, Public Safety, and others as needed
• Assists Senior Director in preparation of important documents and reports (Annual Report, Board of Trustees, AUCCCD, and IACS)
• Assists Training Director with tracking intern hours and intern/postdoctoral application process
• Assists Assistant Director in Data Entry
• Coordinates meetings space and audio visual requests, parking requests, etc. as requested
• Troubleshoots computer, printer, and other technical issues
• Additional duties as assigned
• Post high school education.
• Training or experience equivalent to one year of clerical work experience or related education.
• Knowledge of general office procedures and ability to explain routine tasks
• Previous experience handling confidential information preferred
• Proficient in MS Office Suite. Ability to learn Titanium Scheduler, BANNER and Maxient Database.
• Must be customer service and team oriented.
• Emotionally mature, highly organized, and able to keep calm under pressure
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.