Director of Equestrian Center
Albion College invites applications for the position of Director of the Nancy G. Held Equestrian Center. In addition to being responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Center, the Director will take the lead in recruiting and developing shows and events to be held at the Center. The Director will be an integral partner with Institutional Advancement assisting with fundraising for the Center and with Athletics supporting Stock Seat and Hunt Seat teams in the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) and a Dressage team in the Intercollegiate Dressage Association (IDA). Along with the Equestrian staff the Director is responsible for round the clock daily operations of the Center. The Director will provide direct supervision to a staff of 3-4 professional staff with indirect supervision of an additional 8-10 barn staff. Must demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion. The Equestrian Center, spanning 340 acres of lush countryside, featuring 79 stalls and 37 paddocks, is the only on-campus equestrian center at a private college in Michigan. The premier indoor/outdoor facilities – including a newly constructed (2016) 410’ x 125’ arena - offer students a range of experiences from beginner lessons to highly competitive varsity equine athletics.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Management, or a closely related field is desired, with significant academic and/or vocational experience in Equine Business Management
- Significant experience in equine management, equine event recruiting and planning is required
- Significant experience with recognized USEF, AQHA, APHA, NRHA, USDF or USEA competitions required as a competitor, trainer and/or manager
- Proficiency in equine business management, riding, instruction and supervision of staff is necessary.
- Knowledge and skills in stable management, riding and instruction
- Proficiency in stable management, horse show management, multiple disciplines of riding and instructing, as well as financial management of an equine facility.
- Superior communication and people skills and have the ability to develop programming that will be innovative and enjoyable which will result in increased usage of the facility
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and pass a driving record check in additional to a background check required of all employees of the College.
Interested candidates should complete the online application and submit a cover letter, resume, and names/contact information of three references to https://apply.interfolio.com/43037.
Please direct questions to the search coordinator, Ms. Cathy DeFazio (firstname.lastname@example.org). A review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.